Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tomlin/ Redman Concert

Some of us from New Season went on Saturday to the Hylton Memorial Chapel to take in the Indescribable Tour featuring Chris Tomlin with Matt Redman and Louie Giglio.

I have to say that it was a great experience though I had to sit next to this guy who was off key the whole night and throwing me off. I think his name was Steve and he leads some band for one of those off the wall churches. You know the kind I am talking about.

What was so great about the evening? It was great to see so many Christ followers excited about their God and Savior and their faith. Their was a great energy in the room and the Holy Spirit was moving through the music in powerful ways. Both Christ Tomlin and Matt Redman were great worship leaders. And it was worship! That is what was also so great about it. It was a worshipful atmosphere. It wasn't "hey look at me I am Mr. Christian Rock Star Man." Instead the music was interspersed with prayer, scripture and a whole sense of "this is not about us." That made the music event that much more wonderful.

They did have the words to the song projected which was really great and the background images were phenomenal. We at New Season use moving backgrounds but these guys not only used moving backgrounds but the moving backgrounds switched in the midst of a song instead of just having one background per song.

Beside the guy who couldn't sing next to me there were a couple of other downers. While the Hylton Memorial Chapel is pretty great the lack of restrooms and water fountains was noticeable. Also, the seating was such that it was level so for a vertically challenged person like me it was hard to see the song lyrics if someone's oversized melon was in your way. All that was minor stuff. I would have liked to have seen more Matt Redman but it was after all a Chris Tomlin WITH Matt Redman concert.

Overall, a great experience. Great worship! Great concert! Very glad I went!

No comments: