Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exponential Conference

I just got back from the Exponential National New Church Conference in Orlando, FL. The theme for this year's conference was "The Art of Movements". This is the third year I have attended and it is just as good every year.

Monday and Tuesday I got to be involved in the pre-intensive sessions and attended David Mills Compassion by Design. If you want to reach and change your community check out Compassion by Design.

The plenary sessions were great too. We got to hear from both domestic and international persons doing church planting. These guys did not disappoint and the Spirit was on them as they spoke. Erwin McManus, Craig Groeschel and Bob Roberts as well as those who spoke with them hit home runs each time. I had to leave last night so will not get to hear Francis Chan this morning but am thankful as that they usually put these guys' talks on the Exponential podcast.

My track session was the Nuts and Bolts session in which we could choose from a variety of informative and practical 1 hour workshops in-between plenary sessions. Gary Lamb did a great breakout on being portable in which he shared so many resources that was worth the cost of admission.

I also got to connect with some other church planters as well as with Anna Workman from the Virginia Conference who was also in attendance.

It is good to be back, though I am glad I went. I hope to post some more about it in the days ahead.

No comments: