Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Auctioning Your Life

Have you seen the Australian man (originally from the UK) who is auctioning his life- all that he has. You can see the story here.

I am kind of struck by the religious overtones of it all. I am not sure there is something that directly fits but here is what has been in my mind about this:

  • Followers of Christ do not auction but give their whole life including house, job, and family to Christ because they are his to begin with.
  • I think of the rich young ruler who was unable to give part of his life away and was unable to follow Jesus.
  • I think of Jesus who gave his life for all people. This was at great price- in fact, a price that we cannot even comprehend.
  • I think this man could gain more if instead of auctioning his life to the highest bidder on EBay he would give his life to Christ.

No comments: