Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just Plain Nasty!

The longer I am a parent the more I come to realize just how influenced I am in my parenting by my own parents. Case in point- I often find myself saying when my children are whining and crying for no apparent reasons "keep it up and I will give you something to really cry cry about." Mercy!! That was a common saying in my household.

Another example, I can always remember driving in the car with my dad somewhere as a youngster and there would inevitably be something on my face and my dad would lick his finger and and proceed to wipe my face with his dirty finger and saliva until I was clean. I hated that. Well, the other day when I took Robert to the bus stop (at the bottom of our drive way), he had some toothpaste still dried around his mouth. Yep, you guessed it. Out came the finger wiper coated with saliva. Didn't seem to phase him though.

I guess this goes to show how much we are a product of our environment! Will Robert do the same to his child??

No comments: