Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Harvest Parties and Fall Festivals

Can someone tell me what is up with church's having Harvest Parties and Fall Festivals. I mean it is great and all to have people come together for fun but let's call them what they are- Halloween Parties. Somehow I guess we think by calling them Harvest Parties or Fall Festivals it is not as bad as calling them Halloween Parties and we appease the people who say that Halloween is a Satanic holiday that the devil uses as an opening to get kids to play with Ouija boards and consult mediums. (And, save your emails I know the pagan roots of Halloween and have read about that but to me the blood of Christ is more than sufficient to cover our children who dress up in costumes with no intention of devil worship!)

And, I really like the Harvest parties and Fall Festivals where it is stipulated "biblical costumes only please." So, I guess that means you could dress up as the devil (he is a biblical character), the witch of Endor who Saul consulted, and the monster Leviathan the Psalmist speaks of.

Happy pre-Halloween everyone!

No comments: