Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I'LL FIGHT

Here are some words from William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, and former Methodist. I have used these words as part of my devotional life. Maybe you will find them helpful as well. It helps to shake your fist at the devil as you say them, give the devil the middle finger (the Christian kind of course- the raised index finger!), or imagine you are kicking him in the teeth. :)

WHILE WOMEN WEEP, AS THEY DO NOW, I'LL FIGHT;
WHILE LITTLE CHILDREN GO HUNGRY, AS THEY DO NOW, I'LL FIGHT;
WHILE MEN GO TO PRISON, IN AND OUT, IN AND OUT, AS THEY DO NOW, I'LL FIGHT;
WHILE THERE IS A DRUNKARD LEFT, WHILE THERE IS A POOR LOST GIRL ON THE STREETS,
WHILE THERE REMAINS ONE DARK SOUL WITHOUT THE LIGHT OF GOD,
I'LL FIGHT- I'LL FIGHT TO THE EVERY END!
---General William Booth

No comments: