Monday, September 10, 2007

Robert's First Day of School

Our oldest, Robert, had his first day of school this past Tuesday at Bowling Green Primary School. We put him on the bus bright and early at 7:30 AM. Diana and I did pretty well (well she got teary eyed and cried a little bit while I was my regualr stoic calloused self:) Robert looked real cute waving to us out the bus window. He did real well and did not cry and sat right behind the bus driver.

As any good obsessed parent would do in sending their first child off to school we followed the bus. The bust took like an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the school! We got there before the bus and were there when he got off the bus. He was doing fine until he saw us and started to cry. We brought him to his classroom and got him situated and left.

He apparently calmed down pretty quick and had a great day. He has been doing really well and seems to enjoy it. Diana and I are so very proud of him.

I continue to pray for him and one thing God has tuaught me in all this is my need to surrender, even the cocoon I try to put around my son. For the Heavenly Father is the one who will ultimately keep watch. Those are far better hands and protection than mine!!

No comments: