Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Coaching Tee Ball

I have signed up to coach Robert's Tee Ball Team. Players need to be five years old before April 30th. Robert will be five on April 25th. Tee Ball in our county is for five and six year olds so Robert might be the youngest player!

We had our first practice this past weekend. The kids listened pretty well. I am reminded to keep the audience in mind when I am coaching these five and six year olds. I started with going over the positions on the filed and which direction you are to run the bases versus what the infield fly rule means or practicing first and third situations!

While the persons who come to our worship celebration experience and have no "church" (read club) background are not to be treated like Tee Ballers, I am reminded that what we talk about in worship must make sense. That means I cannot do a message series on the difference between the Hittites, the Perizzites and the Termites or the nutritional value of 1st century food Jesus would have ate. Instead the aim is to be seeker comprehensible to steal a term from Ed Stetzer.

Please pray for me and more importantly for these kids!

No comments: