Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lessons from the Snow this Past Sunday

I used to love snow as a kid. What kid doesn't? But there are times I find myself hating snow these days- having to cancel stuff, adjust schedules, shovel, have people's snow from their roofs they were to lazy to clean fly onto my windshield.

We got a pretty good snow this past Saturday night into Sunday (though most of it's gone now with these sixty degree days!). What this weekend's snow did do was cause us to cancel and postpone some things at New Season. I was looking forward to bowling with the Young Adult small group but that got nixed. We had to cancel worship and also postpone the Grace Oughton Benefit Concert/ Prayer Service that many people had worked very hard on.

I found myself on Saturday morning under the threat of such winter storm warnings increasingly irritated that it had to snow. But then God woke me up and said "hey pal the world doesn't revolve around you and your plans and you have no control over this."

Realizing this and being humbled by God, I had a much better time dealing with the snow and got to spend some time with my family. Isn't the wonders of God's grace spectacular!! I am so thankful he can even use snow to teach, humble, smack down, melt, and mold us.

No comments: